Calpe House values your privacy, and we are committed to compliance with applicable data privacy and security requirements in London, including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 2004 (“DPA”).
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal data that you choose to provide to us, which means any information relating to you as a data subject (“Personal Data”). If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide you with some services and you may not be able to participate in some of the activities on our website.
We will not use your Personal Data in a manner that is incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected without your consent. Calpe House processes Personal Data for specific, limited, and legitimate business purposes. As the data controller, we may directly or through our service providers or agents process your Personal Data for such purposes which may include, but are not limited to:
- providing you with information about us and our range of services;
- to identify you as a client of Calpe House, so we may personalise and improve your experience and respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better;
- compliance with any requirement imposed by applicable law or by an order of a court or competent governmental or regulatory authority;
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity;
- management of enquiries and complaints;
- to operate, maintain, and improve the services you may request from us such as chartered surveys, property management, property sales and lettings and other such services relating to our business in the real estate sector;
- resolving any disputes with you;
- to send you surveys, promotional communications about our products and services, or to solicit your feedback with your permission, otherwise known as “direct marketing”;
- producing summary information for statistical, regulatory and audit purposes; and/or
- any other reasonable purposes in accordance with applicable law.
DISCLOSURE/SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
Calpe House may be required to disclose your Personal Data and/or certain other information about you to the extent required by applicable law or by an order of a court or competent governmental or regulatory authority. If you enter into a contract with Calpe House for the provision of any of our services, you expressly agree and consent to your Personal Data being disclosed to third parties to any extent required for the purposes of compliance with applicable law.
If our business enters into a joint venture with or is merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners.
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that we obtain from you from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please note that we are not responsible for the security of any data you are transmitting over the Internet, or any data you are storing, posting, or providing directly to a third party’s website, which is governed by that party’s policies. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
Under the DPA you have a right to access your Personal Data held by us, and it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your Personal Data to ensure such data remains accurate.
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Data associated with you. If you wish to review, update, correct or delete your Personal Data, you can contact us on the details below. Calpe House will take steps to modify or delete your Personal Data as soon as is practical, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law. Upon termination of our agreement(s) with you, we will retain all Personal Data only as long as necessary for to fulfil our obligations in connection with the services and for any period of time necessary to comply with applicable law, including any applicable statutory limitation periods.
RIGHT TO OBJECT TO DIRECT MARKETING: You also have a right to object to your Personal Data being processed for the purposes of direct marketing. You may exercise this right at any time by contacting us on the details below.
We use non-identifying information collected on our Web Site in the aggregate to better understand your use of the Web Site and to enhance your enjoyment and experience. For example, we may use the information to improve the design and content of our Web Site or to analyse the programs and services that we offer.
Norfolk Square, Paddington, London W2 1RX