On arrival in the UK, you will need to follow the health and safety guidelines put in place by the UK Government and Public Health England:
LONDON IS IN LOCKDOWN
on the 18th January 2021 all travel corridors to the UK were closed
and on 15th February 2021 new rules came into effect about travel
- all travellers arriving in the UK must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 72 hours before travelling
- all travellers must self-isolate for up to 10 days with isolation only being cut short with a negative test after five days.
- all travellers must take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test on day 2 and day 8 of quarantining
Please note the information on this page is relevant for patients and their escorts travelling to London from Gibraltar, if you are travelling from anywhere else please visit the Government website and check up to date information.
For more information, please go to
WHAT YOU MUST DO BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
- take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test and get a negative result during the 3 days before you travel (Please liaise with GHA Sponsored Patients to arrange this)
- book and pay for a travel test package, which will include COVID-19 tests to be taken on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of your quarantine (Please liaise with GHA Sponsored Patients/Calpe House to arrange this)
- complete a passenger locator form with details of where you will home quarantine when you arrive and the travel test package booking reference number
ISOLATING IN THE UK
- When you arrive in England, you must travel directly to the place you are staying and not leave until 10 days have passed since you left or transited through any country. This is known as ‘self-isolating’.
- The 10-day period is counted from the day after you left your country of origin before returning to the UK.
- The 10-day self-isolation period is necessary because it can take up to 10 days for coronavirus symptoms to appear. If you’re travelling to England for less than 10 days, you will be expected to self-isolate for the length of your stay, but you can travel directly to your place of departure. It is important to note that under the national lockdown rules for England, you must not leave or be outside of your place of residence except where necessary.
- Before you travel to England, you must provide your journey, contact details and the address where you will self-isolate. You can complete the public health passenger locator form 48 hours before you arrive. You may be required to present these details on your arrival in England.
- You may be refused permission to enter the UK (if you are not a British citizen), or fined if you do not provide your contact details or do not self-isolate when required to do so.
HOW TO SELF ISOLATE AT CALPE HOUSE
- Once you arrive at Calpe House you and your escort, MUST self-isolate in one place ie; your room, for the full self-isolation period (10 days)
- You can only come out of isolation in order to travel to/from your hospital appointments.
- You must travel to and from hospital appointments using Addison Lee cabs (Tel No: 020 7387 8888). We will happily book your cabs for you; please let us know in advance the date and time.
- During isolation, essential items can be ordered via the Deliveroo and Uber Eats apps and/or Amazon Groceries UK, and the supermarkets online, if you can get a delivery slot. Please let the admin team or night/weekend staff know via telephone call or WhatsApp, when a delivery is due so that they can bring it to your room. If necessary, a member of the admin team can go to the local supermarket for you but please remember, we are only here for essential shopping, Monday to Friday 0830 – 1830.
- You can also order take away via the Deliveroo and Uber Eats apps. Again, please let a member of the admin team or night/weekend staff know what time the delivery will arrive.
- You and your escort must not use the communal areas until your self-isolation period is over, and once you are out of self-isolation you must stay apart from other people at all times.
- It is important to avoid contact with other people as much as possible in order to reduce the risk of transmitting the virus.
- Masks must be worn at all times outside of your room or when interacting with another person ie; a member of staff when essential items are delivered to your door.
- You must not have any visitors to your room.
- You should keep your room well ventilated as best possible.
- Our administration team can be contacted on the office landline – 00 44 207 402 9970 or via WhatsApp – 00 44 7934 896995. The office is manned between 0830 – 1830 Monday to Friday.
- Our night/weekend staff can also be contacted on the above numbers. They can be found in reception between 1830 and 0830 on a week night, and all weekend. If for any reason you cannot get hold of the weekend staff, they can also be contacted on the emergency mobile number – 00 44 7563 243692.
TEST TO RELEASE SCHEME
You cannot take a test until you have been in England for 5 full days.
The scheme is voluntary and applies to those self-isolating in England only.
If you do not want to opt into the Test to Release scheme, you will need to self-isolate for 10 days.
How to take part in the scheme
To take part in the scheme you need to:
- speak to the staff at Calpe House who will book you a test for day 5
- choose to opt into the scheme on the passenger locator form
You will be asked to enter details of your test in the passenger locator form. You must do this to take part in the scheme.
If you decide to take part in the scheme after you have arrived in England, you will need to complete another passenger locator form.
You must self-isolate on arrival in England. You can take a test no earlier than the 5th day after arrival in England.
On arrival at Calpe House:
- Sanitise your hands on entering with the sanitiser provided at the entrance
- You will be screened with a thermal imaging camera to see if you have a fever.
- Once settled in your room please change out of the clothes you travelled in
- We recommend you disinfect your luggage with surface wipes
Extra measures are in place at Calpe House for the safety and security of all our guests and staff:
- We are enhancing our already rigorous health and safety procedures with the additional cleaning and disinfecting of all public areas, our cleaners are working longer hours, and ensuring handrails, door handles, lifts, communal toilets and kitchens are cleaned regularly
- Rooms will be sanitised and remain empty 24-48 hours between each resident
- Flats that share kitchens will only be allocated to guests from the same family
- Vulnerable patients will be shielded and where possible their escorts will be given separate rooms
We ask that all residents and staff act thoughtfully and responsibly at all times to prevent the transmission of the virus:
- Wear a face covering in those areas where this is mandatory e.g. all communal areas in Calpe House
- Follow social distancing rules
- Wash your hands frequently or use sanitiser
- Do not socialise with anyone who is not part of your household when using the communal areas, e.g., kitchens, lounge, laundry room and corridors
- Please make sure you clean up after using the communal kitchens
- Do not visit other residents in their rooms
- Do not enter the lifts with anyone who is not from your household
- Only RESIDENTS are allowed on the premises; please do not invite visitors as they will not be allowed access
- You must continue to travel to and from hospital appointments by using Addison Lee cabs (Tel No: 020 7387 8888). We will happily book your cabs for you. Please let us know in advance the date and time
- When visiting parks or any other outdoor spaces, please maintain your distance from anyone who is not in your group
- If you attend church, please check with them about their opening times and how the changes have affected them
- Whilst shopping for essential items, always keep your mask on whilst in the store and remember to sanitise and wash your hands
- We will be glad to make essential shopping trips for patients who are unable to do their shopping or need to shield
- Hand sanitiser should be carried when travelling and applied when out and about, especially when entering a building and following contact with surfaces
- Keep all deliveries coming to CH, apart from food to a minimum
- Please make sure your rooms are kept clean. If you are unable to do so, please let us know and one of our team will be able to help you, additionally if you need any products, please let us know
Thank you for your cooperation in these unprecedented times.
Calpe House Team