On arrival in the UK, you will need to follow the health and safety guidelines put in place by the UK Government and Public Health England:
Coming to London for Medical Treatment and Staying at Calpe House during the Covid-19 Pandemic
The UK is still in the third wave of the pandemic and due to the number of people already vaccinated, most of the legal restrictions in England have been lifted. However, there is still a travel "traffic light" list and anyone travelling from a "green" country ie; Gibraltar, will need to carry out the following:-
- complete a passenger locator form with details of where you will be staying when you arrive
- show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 72 hours before travelling
- book a coronavirus (COVID-19) test on day 2 (to be arranged by Calpe House) and input the reference number on the passenger locator form. This reference number will be given to you by Sponsored Patients and should be shown on the passenger locator form in the following format: CTMTT followed by the invoice number
On arrival in England all travellers must:-
- take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test on day 2
- there is no need to quarantine unless the day 2 test result is positive
- you will need to self isolate if NHS Test & Trace informs you that you have travelled to England with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
Please note the information on this page is relevant for patients and their escorts travelling to London from Gibraltar, if you are travelling from anywhere else eg: Spain (amber country) please visit the Government website and check up to date information.
For more information, please go to:
WHAT YOU MUST DO BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
Most of our residents are here for various clinical reasons which put them in the high risk group therefore, we must all use personal judgement to manage our own risk, as well as the risk to others. While no situation is risk free, there are actions we can take to protect ourselves and others around us. Below are a few regulations that we would appreciate you following to help us keep you safe, and to help keep Calpe House COVID-19 free:
- You must wear face coverings whilst in the communal areas.
- You must sanitise your hands on entering with the sanitiser provided at the entrance.
- You will be given the keys to your room and the Calpe House Rules, Room Guidelines and some information explaining all about COVID-19 and how it affects us here at Calpe House.
Extra measures are in place at Calpe House for the safety and security of all our guests and staff:
- We have enhanced our already rigorous health and safety procedures with the additional cleaning and disinfecting of all public areas, our cleaners are working longer hours, and ensuring handrails, door handles, lifts, communal toilets and kitchens are cleaned regularly
- Patients who need to isolate prior to surgery for longer than the standard 3 days after their pre surgery COVID test, will be given a separate room to their escorts where possible.
We ask that all residents and staff act thoughtfully and responsibly at all times to prevent the transmission of the virus:
- You must wear face coverings whilst in the communal areas (unless you have proof that you are exempt)
- Only residents are allowed on the premises. Unless absolutely necessary, visitors will not be allowed in. If, for medical reasons, you require someone to visit, they will have to do a lateral flow test, and provide a negative reading; you can obtain these from any chemist for free.
- Travel to and from hospital appointments: Sponsored Patients will only pay for taxi’s travelling to/from hospital appointments if this is a requirement of the hospital, or your condition puts you in the high risk group.
- Travelling by London Transport: If you have to travel by London transport, please minimise the amount of journeys you take and please make sure you wear a mask as it is compulsory.
- Wearing masks and social distancing: Minimise the number, proximity and duration of social contacts inside and outside of Calpe House, and always wear masks in crowded spaces.
- COVID-19 symptoms (see also Covid Delta Variant I symptoms): If you experience any symptoms, please get a lateral flow test from Reception. If you test positive, you will have to self-isolate for 10 days. People you live with will also have to isolate. We will also arrange for you both to have a PCR Test.
For further information, please check the UK Government website:
Thank you for your cooperation in these unprecedented times.
Calpe House Team